KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (December 11, 2013) – PetSafe®, an industry brand leader in the development of innovative pet behavioral, containment, lifestyle product solutions and services, is spreading the love to shelter pets across the nation this holiday season. For every “like” the brand’s Facebook page receives between now and Dec. 31, PetSafe will donate one toy to a pet in a shelter.
“PetSafe is proud to support the lifesaving work happening in animal shelters across the country,” Jim Tedford, PetSafe Director of Animal Welfare Initiatives, said. “PetSafe products are designed to strengthen and preserve the bonds between pets and their people. Our tagline is ‘Protect. Teach. Love.’ and those are three words that can also be used to describe what is happening in shelters nationwide.”
PetSafe aims to provide up to 15,000 toys, including the brand’s popular Busy Buddy® Barnacle, to pets in shelters across the U.S., including:
- Los Angeles Animal Services (Los Angeles, CA)
- Los Angeles County Animal Services (Long Beach, CA)
- Miami-Dade Animal Services (Miami, FL)
- Maricopa County Animal Control (Mesa, AZ)
- New York Centers for Animal Care & Control (New York, NY)
- Denver Animal Control (Denver, CO)
- Seattle Animal Shelter (Seattle, WA)
- Philadelphia Animal Control (Philadelphia, PA)
- Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Nashville Humane Association (Nashville, TN)
To help PetSafe donate a toy to a shelter pet, visit www.facebook.com/PetSafeBrand and click “Like” by Dec. 31. Current Facebook fans who would still like to help can participate by inviting their friends and family to “Like” PetSafe’s Facebook page.
For more information about PetSafe and its shelter outreach efforts, please visit www.petsafe.net.
Headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., PetSafe® is an industry brand leader in the development of innovative pet behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions and services. For more information, please visit www.petsafe.net or connect with us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PetSafeBrand) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/PetSafe).
# # #