OAKS, Penn. (January 9, 2014) – The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo returns on Friday, Jan. 17 and runs through Sunday, Jan. 19, 2014 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center. The event is designed to educate and entertain the public about the wonderful world of pets. Featuring many pet vendors, educational and entertaining performances, special attractions, hands-on petting zoo, pet adoptions, and outstanding shopping for pet lovers and their pets.
The event is expected to draw more than 10,000 attendees over the 3-day event and pet owners can even bring their well-behaved leashed dogs to the expo. Over 100 vendors and many area rescue groups with adoptable pets will be on hand. Some of this year’s highlights are:
- The Delaware Rabbit and Cavy Breeders Association will be at the Pet Expo to educate the public about rabbit and cavy care and the fun things you can do with then including Rabbit hopping! Rabbit hopping is much like agility for rabbits. That’s a whole new kind of bunny hop!
- Cat agility – Can you picture it? Cats speeding through an agility course to get the best time? OK, so some take their take their sweet time – and other cats go right through the course – a sight to be seen. (And, we’ll admit it can be pretty funny to watch!)
- Rat Show – Yes, just like a dog show, but with rats! Wonder who will get best in show?
- Big Cats – See the 400lb Bengal Tiger at TD’s Cats of the World, a one of a kind animal refuge specializing in exotic felines including lions, tigers, cougars and bobcats and will be at the expo with some of their big cats.
- Rainforest Reptile Show – An exciting, fascinating adventure through the rare and endangered reptile world! Many exotic reptiles will be at the show.
- K9 Classic Dog Show – Ever see a dog jump 67” in one shot? Or a team of dogs run through an agility course together? This and many more astonishing dog acts will be part of the popular K9 Classic portion of the expo.
- The Delco Bird Club will be there various species of their birds and to provide information on pet care, diet and information on the birds’ natural habitat.
- Joy Freedman, the dog behavior expert who studied with The National Institute of Dog Training and has been changing the behavior of dogs and their owners ever since. Answering dog owner’s questions all weekend at the pet expo. Joy was also named one of Baltimore’s Best Dog trainers by Baltimore Magazine and was featured on Cesar Milan’s Dog Whisperer on National Geographic.
In addition attendees will enjoy a petting zoo, pony rides, learn about and meet Alpacas, angora rabbits, and other unusual and exotic animals.
A perfect opportunity for film and video coverage of exotic pets and outrageously entertaining pets!
“Our Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo is one of the biggest shows we host in the tri-state area and we are excited to be back! At our family and pet friendly pet expo we highly endorse responsible pet ownership have many animal attractions that teach our attendees this. We also have many educational, fun and entertaining animals, pet vendors, rescue groups and attractions – there is something for everyone and every age,” said show organizer Karen Garetano of Family Pet Shows who hosts the annual Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo.
Guests can participate with their purebred dog in the Parade of Breeds and even have their dogs tested for the AKC Canine Good Citizen Award. In addition dog lovers will love the ‘World of Dogs Program’ designed to educate and entertain attendees about the wonderful world of dogs and to introduce the many things that you can do with your dog.
The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo will be held on Friday, Jan. 17, 2014 from 4pm to 9pm (which is Family Night and kids 12 and under are admitted FREE!), Saturday, Jan. 18 from 10 am to 7 pm and on Sunday, Jan. 19 from 10 am to 5pm. Admission is $12.00 for adults, $5 for children (ages 11 and under), and free for children ages 3 and under. You can go to the website at www.philadelphiapetexpo.com for discount coupons or to purchase discount tickets online.
For press inquiries or to interview Dennis or Karen Garetano, the show organizers, contact Nancy E. Hassel at (631) 446-1105 or by email at Nancy@LongIslandPetProfessionals.com.
About Family Pet Shows
Family Pet Shows is a family owned and operated company that for nearly 20 years have successfully hosted pet expos beginning in 1994 in Pennsylvania. The company now hosts six different pet expos annually in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania; the Long Island Pet Expo in the Park (2 days, outdoor in September); Long Island Pet Expo (3-day event held indoors in March); the Meadowlands Pet Expo (3-day event indoors in November); The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo (3-day event indoors in January); and two new shows in Pennsylvania for 2014 the Lehigh Valley Pet Expo (indoor event in February) and the Reading Pet Expo (3-day outdoor event in May).
About Dennis, Karen & Joe Garetano
Dennis and Karen are both graduates of Hofstra University. Dennis has been an entrepreneur in the publishing and restaurant business since 1978. He has always been active in the Community as a school board member, volunteer coach for many years, community activist and local charities. Karen was employed by the Town of Huntington Department of Parks and Recreation for 13 years, where she was responsible for planning and scheduling many of the programs and activities in the town. That experience has proved to a valuable asset for the planning and scheduling of all the programs they offer at their Family Pet Shows. Joe has been involved in the shows since he was about 10 years old going with his parents and working at the shows and has recently joined the family business full time.
# # #