PORTLAND, Ore. (June 5, 2014) – Women in the Pet Industry Network (WIPIN), the pet industry’s leading organization focused on women who want to grow their businesses, is seeking nominations for the pet industry’s leading female professionals for their second annual Pet Industry Women of the Year Awards. The winners will be announced at WIPIN’s “All About Growth” Conference & Awards Show on Aug. 15, 2014.
“The Pet Industry Women of the Year Awards were designed to recognize the amazing females who dedicate their time and talents to improving the lives of all pets – dogs, cats, birds, fish, horses and exotics – and their parents,” said Shawna Schuh, president of WIPIN. “The Awards are a celebration of women who have devoted their lives to the pet industry and shine as beacons of women helping women and pets with passion.” See last year’s award ceremony here.
Award categories include Solopreneur, Entrepreneur, Corporation, Advocate and Rising Star. Five finalists will be named in each category, and one overall Pet Industry Woman of The Year will be chosen from the 25 finalists. The Pet Industry Woman of the Year will receive a valuable award package worth thousands of dollars in training and exposure that will include the following:
- A full year of media and executive coaching with WIPIN President Shawna Schuh, a Certified Speaking Professional and Executive Coach;
- A featured article in Pet Age magazine and exposure in multiple other pet industry media outlets throughout the year;
- A feature on the cover of the WIPIN Top Women in the Pet Industry Fall Magazine;
- Serve as a featured guest during a WIPIN Monthly Growth Call;
- Appearances and recognition at pet industry events;
- An invitation to walk the runway at the International Association of Pet Fashion Professionals’ Pet Fashion Show at Total Pet Expo in Chicago in September 2014;
- The opportunity to meet and greet at the WIPIN reception during Total Pet Expo in Chicago;
- The chance to walk the runway at the NY Pet Fashion Show just before the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in NYC in February 2015;
- Serve as the keynote speaker at the 2015 Women in the Pet Industry Conference and Awards Show;
- Gifts and treats provided by other top women in the pet industry.
Nominations will be accepted now through June 27, 2014 and the entry fee is $45 for WIPIN members and $85 for non-members. For more information about The Pet Industry Women of the Year Awards, or to submit a nomination, please visit http://womeninthepetindustry.com/nominatenow/.
About Women in the Pet Industry Network (WIPIN)
Established in 2010, then acquired in 2012 by Shawna Schuh, the current president and Chief Pet Wrangler, WIPIN is headquartered near Portland, Ore., and serves a worldwide membership base of women in the pet industry. WIPIN helpsentrepreneurial women grow their pet-focused businesses through unique networking opportunities, valuable business growth meetings and online resources. The All About Growth Conference & Awards Show in August 2014 will bring women together to connect, network, and learn how to grow their pet-focused businesses. WIPIN is affiliated with Black Dog Education, BlogPaws, Pet Sitters International, Association of Professional Dog Trainers, Total Pet Expo, Pet Age Magazine and PetIndustryTV.com. With more than 400 members, WIPIN is the premier networking organization for women in the pet industry, offering its members the opportunity to connect, share and learn from other likeminded professionals. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a member at www.womeninthepetindustry.com/join/. For more information, please visit www.womeninthepetindustry.com, or contact Schuh at 503-970-5774 or email@example.com.
# # #