ATLANTA (August 12, 2013) – BarkWorld Conference & Expo, the pet industry’s only event covering social media, lifestyle and technology as it relates to pet owners and businesses, is unveiling a variety of new attractions for its 2013 show, which takes place Aug. 22-24 at The Westin Buckhead in Atlanta.
Now in its fourth year, the national social media conference is expected to draw more than 300 social networkers, bloggers, business leaders and other pet industry professionals to the three-day event. This year’s agenda features extended educational sessions, new roundtable discussions and more lifestyle-focused sessions, such as “Traveling with My Pet” and “DIY & Home Improvement for Pet Parents.” Other topics of focus for this year’s conference include photography, podcasting, blogging and monetization, mobile applications, and technology startups.
In addition to the 20+ sessions, discussions and workshops, BarkWorld 2013 has lined up three incredible keynote speakers for Friday, Aug. 23, including celebrity dog trainer, author and TV personality Victoria Stilwell, Mashable Editorial Director Matt Silverman and HGTVGardens.com Community Manager Mallory Colliflower, who will lead the following presentations:
- How to Make Your Content More Shareable (9-9:45 a.m.): Matt Silverman, editorial director at Mashable and the co-founder of The Fluffington Post, will discuss the strategies Mashable and The FluffPo employ to make their content as social as possible. This includes headline optimization, compelling images, SEO tactics, training your audience and understanding the culture of the web’s major social networks.
- Pet-Friendly Gardening: It CAN be done! (12:30-1:15 p.m.): Led by Mallory Colliflower, Community Manager of HGTVGardens.com, attendees will learn tips to help dog-and-cat-proof their yard, including which plants can be toxic to dogs and cats, how to keep their lawn in top shape (even if it’s their pet’s primary restroom) and other ways to create a garden or landscape where pets are welcome visitors. Colliflower will also share some of their favorite social media tips for using Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Positively Powerful (3-3:45 p.m.): Victoria Stilwell, dog trainer, behavior specialist, entrepreneur, author, animal advocate, creator and host of Animal Planet’s It’s Me or the Dog, will share how she developed one of the most recognized positive dog training brands in the world. From creating and producing her successful television show, now seen in 60 countries, to her continually expanding global trainer licensing program, Stilwell will describe how the seed of an idea, and a determination to make life better for dogs and the people who love them, grew into one of the most humane and trusted organizations in the world of dogs. Topics include the creation of a TV show, from passion to business model, key ingredients needed to build and nurture a solid brand foundation, building the right team, utilizing social media, being a woman in the media world, developing and executing new ideas, the power of positive partnerships, and the importance of paying it forward.
Other new activities and perks for this year’s show include:
- Speed dating for brands and bloggers: One-on-one networking, in a speed dating style, brands and bloggers will share and learn about opportunities from both angles on Thursday, Aug. 22 from 4-6 p.m. This is a fun, rewarding opportunity for bloggers to pitch brands and discuss ways the two groups can align and work more closely together.
- Added MeowWorld and cat-lover activities: While the dogs are practicing their downward dog at yoga, the Cat Social Petworkers can enjoy a special invite-only breakfast on Friday, Aug. 23 from 7:15-8:00 a.m. Bloggers are also invited to attend a fun, interactive session on Friday, Aug. 23 from 10:30-11:15 a.m. where cat and dog bloggers will finally join forces and share what they are each doing on social media, discuss how they target and engage brands, and create a roadmap on how to reach both their goals while still staying true to their brand.
- Themed block parties: Keeping with the show’s “community” theme, BarkWorld will host a themed Block Party on Friday, Aug. 23 from 6-8 p.m. Attendees can “blog-hop” to sponsor parties and network with speakers and other attendees while enjoying music, food, drinks, swag and more! Parties will be sponsored by Petco, Best Friends Pet Care, Nutrish and PetPR.com, which will be holding a contest where attendees can enter to win a prize package featuring a variety of pet products.
- New DIY and lifestyle demonstrations: This year’s show will feature a variety of new and fun on-stage demonstrations including Home DIY, Pet Lifestyle, Pet Food Cooking, Pet Dental Health and Brushing, and Brand Product Pitches on Friday, Aug. 23 from 3:45-4:30 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 24 from 9:45-10:15 a.m.
To view the complete schedule and list of educational sessions and speakers, please visit http://www.barkworldexpo.com/speakers/education/. Those interested in attending BarkWorld 2013 can register online at http://www.barkworldexpo.com/attend/register/.
About BarkWorld Conference & Expo
Established in 2009, the BarkWorld Conference & Expo is the only pet social media conference covering social media, lifestyle and technology as it relates to pet owners, social influencers, businesses, and brands wanting to target these key decision makers. BarkWorld is an extremely important aspect to mobilizing the new media needs and efforts of the community, and to address the increasing challenges faced by the pet industry. For more information, visit www.barkworldexpo.com or connect with us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BarkWorldConference) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/BarkWorldExpo).
# # #