You’re going to a tradeshow soon. Are you ready? Here is a list of packing tips for attire and other personal items.
- Smartphone & charger
- Laptop & charger
- Data card (if applicable)
- Digital camera (fully charged) & charger
- Comfortable, professional attire for working hours (type of dress depends on the show, seminar or conference)
- Appropriate shoes that are comfortable enough for long hours on a trade show floor. Ladies, you might choose to change into heels for important meetings or dinners, but are not expected to wear heels all day.
- A cross-body bag that can be worn comfortably all day, even when it’s full. Some exhibit halls prohibit rolling carts or laptop bags.
- A folder to hold trade show agendas, maps and hotel information
- Business cards (50-100 depending on size of show/conference)
- Cash or personal credit card for personal incidentals, driver’s license & business credit card
Optional, but worth it:
- Energy bars, dried fruit, nuts or some kind of non-perishable, healthy snack to get you from meal to meal in the event you are too busy for a sit-down meal.
- If possible, bring a bottle of water to keep you hydrated. Exhibit hall beverages (including water) are often pricey.
- Pouch to keep receipts
- Breath mints (not gum)
- Before you head home: buy yourself a terrific bestseller, magazine, or audiobook for your travel home. Save it for the flight home. You deserve it!