PetSafe® Introduces its First Wi-Fi Enabled Automatic Pet Feeder with Smartphone App
Smart Feed allows pet owners to monitor and control feeding times through iPhone® and Android™ smartphones
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (October 05, 2017) – The ability to control portions and monitor meals in real-time is now only an arm’s reach away for pet owners, with the launch of the new PetSafe® Smart Feed automatic pet feeder. PetSafe Brand is a leading innovator in pet behavior and lifestyle solutions.
Smart Feed is PetSafe’s first Wi-Fi enabled automatic pet feeder. Utilizing an in-home wireless router, the feeder gives pet owners control over all aspects of feeding through the PetSafe Smart Feed app on an iPhone or Android smartphone, from anywhere.
“The average American checks their phone over 150 times per day,” said Sarah Beene, category manager for PetSafe Water and Feed products. “Whether staying late at the office, or relaxing at home, the Smart Feed uses modern smartphone technology to keep pet parents in control of their pet’s meals from the palm of their hand.”
Key features of the Smart Feed include:
- Reliable and tested technology: Feeds on schedule as programmed if Wi-Fi connection is lost or feeder is offline; pet-proof dispenser keeps prying paws from sneaking food; child lock option disables manual feed button on feeder; optional 7-day battery backup.
- Phone alerts: Pet owners receive optional in-app notifications when a pet has been fed for added peace of mind.
- Convenience: The feeder dispenses food into a 5-cup, stainless steel, dishwasher-safe bowl; hopper holds 24 cups of dry or semi-moist food.
- Customizable meal times: Set up to 12 meals to feed for any pet’s schedule; Feed Now option allows pet owners to feed pets outside normal feeding times, from anywhere.
- Flexible portions: Meals can be dispensed from 1/8 cups to 4 cups to fit unique feeding needs; Slow Feed option allows the food to dispense slowly over a 15-minute period to help prevent bloating and vomiting.
- Activity log: The app logs the recent history of the feeder’s activities, including when meals were dispensed.
- Compatibility: Unique conveyor design dispenses most shapes and sizes of dry and semi-moist food and helps prevent jams.
Ideal for cats and small to medium dogs, the Smart Feed is priced at $199.99 and is available for purchase at petsafe.com and Amazon. The PetSafe Smart Feed app is compatible with iPhone or iPod devices iOS 9.0 or later and compatible Android smartphones 5.0 or later, and can be downloaded for free in the Apple App Store or Google Play.
About the PetSafe®
PetSafe® is an industry leader in the development of innovative pet behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions. PetSafe is owned by Radio Systems Corporation and headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn. For more information, please visit www.petsafe.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
# # #