BodeVet Expands Clinical Trial Sites to Three Additional Veterinary Hospital Locations
ROCKVILLE, MD. (April 12, 2018) – BodeVet, a developer of advanced transfusion treatment options for the veterinary industry, today announced it has added three new clinical trial sites for its 1-2017 K9 Clinical Trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of its first product, StablePlate RX® in clinical canine patients. The world’s first injectable freeze-dried platelet derived product is now being tested in three additional specialty hospitals, including two affiliated with Ethos Veterinary Health and one affiliated with North Carolina State University: Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego, Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital in Denver and the Randall B. Terry Jr. Companion Animal Veterinary Medical Center at North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
“BodeVet is thrilled to partner with Ethos Veterinary Health and North Carolina State University to increase the number of canine patients enrolled,” said Anne Hale, DVM, Chief Technical Officer at BodeVet. “We now have 40 dogs enrolled in 11 clinical sites across the country to evaluate StablePlate RX CANINE for control of life threatening hemorrhage in thrombocytopenic patients.
BodeVet’s other eight clinical trial sites include:
- Blue Pearl Specialty & Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Clearwater, Florida
- Blue Pearl Specialty & Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Tampa, Florida
- Blue Pearl Specialty & Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Queens, New York
- Blue Pearl Specialty & Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Paramus, New Jersey
- Blue Pearl Specialty & Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Spring, Texas
- Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Companion Animal Hospital in Ithaca, New York
- University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Athens, Georgia
- Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine Hixson-Lied Small Animal Hospital in Ames, Iowa
“Ethos is excited about participating in this trial of StablePlate RX since this is a cutting-edge product that will fill an unmet need in our critical patients,” said Keith Richter, DVM, DACVIM, MSEL, Chief Applied Sciences Officer at Ethos Veterinary Health. “These are the types of innovations that are vital for our profession, and we are so pleased to be able to work with BodeVet to help demonstrate its value in thrombocytopenic patients.”
The findings from the 1-2017-K9 study will be reported later this year. For more information on BodeVet, StablePlate RX and its clinical trial, visit www.bodevet.com.
BodeVet, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Cellphire, Inc., is staffed and advised by world leaders in veterinary transfusion medicine. Formed in 2015, BodeVet’s mission is to promote animal health and welfare by developing and delivering new treatment solutions to veterinary medical practitioners. The company uses technology licensed from Cellphire, a biotechnology company established in early 2006, to develop novel blood products for use in hemostasis and regenerative medicine in veterinary medicine.
# # #
(877) 703.3824 x106